U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Kingston Elementary and Old Donation School as the No. 1 elementary and middle schools in Virginia. Old Donation School, which has students in grades two through eight and is the home of the Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics & Arts, was also ranked as the No. 2 elementary school in the state.
National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society is an organization that recognizes students and promotes the five pillars of scholarship, character, citizenship, leadership, and service. Grade point average and class schedule can make you an eligible candidate under the pillar of scholarship. Applicants should also provide verification of any leadership role during enrollment in middle school and a minimum of two hours of participation in a service project within the school or the community. Other requirements include demonstration of wholesome character and good citizenship both in and out of school via teacher or sponsor recommendation. Email Erin Dearing or Hannah Moeller with any questions.
- PURPOSE: What Is the Purpose of the National Junior Honor Society?
- ELIGIBILITY: Who Is Eligible to Apply for Membership in the National Junior Honor Society?
- SCHOLASTIC ELIGIBILITY: What Is the GPA Requirement to Apply for Membership?
- SERVICE REQUIREMENT: What Activities Would Qualify for the Service Requirement?
- LEADERSHIP IMPERATIVE: How Does a Student Demonstrate Leadership?
- CHARACTER: What Are the Expectations for Candidates Regarding Character?
- CITIZENSHIP: What Behaviors Constitute a Good Citizen?
- CANDIDATE NOTIFICATION: When Will I Know if I Am Eligible to Apply for Membership?
- INDUCTION PROCESS: When Will I Know if I Am Selected for Membership?
- MEMBERSHIP OBLIGATIONS: What Will Be Expected of Me as a Member of NJHS?
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: What Kind of Activities and Events Does NJHS Sponsor?
- OFFICERS: Are There Officers in NJHS? How and When Are They Chosen?